State of Texas Updates
· Governor Greg Abbott announced that the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is distributing additional cases of the antiviral drug remdesivir to 157 hospitals across Texas. These cases have been provided to DSHS through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This is the sixth round of distribution from the federal government. At 448 cases, this is the largest distribution and is enough to treat approximately 1,792 patients. This brings the state total to 1,425 cases distributed since May 12.
· A reminder from DSHS: It can just take one to infect many more. One person can start or stop a long chain of infections > https://twitter.com/TexasDSHS/status/1280212895142379520
· Another reminder from DSHS: Help protect lives, livelihoods, and our Texas hospitals > https://twitter.com/TexasDSHS/status/1278798084865220614
· From @TexasEconDev: Attention Texas Small Businesses: The Paycheck Protection Program application deadline has now been extended to August 8 > https://twitter.com/TexasEconDev/status/1280160685771689984
· TWC has been awarded $9.4 million by the Department of Labor to support the expansion of registered apprenticeship in Texas to help build viable career paths for youths and adults seeking to develop a viable career around training for skilled professions > https://www.twc.texas.gov/twc-expands-registered-apprenticeship-program