State of Texas Updates
· DSHS reminds Texans that respiratory etiquette can help stop the spread of germs: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd4rDnFK8y/
· Travel Texas is working with travel industry partners and local communities to support the careful re-opening of tourism in Texas. A new online ad campaign launched June 12 in the regional drive market including Texas, and social messaging from Travel Texas continues to reinforce recommended health protocols.
· From TxDOT: The lobbies at our Denison, Gainesville, Langtry, Orange, Texarkana, Waskom and Wichita Falls Travel Information Centers are now open to visitors daily from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please observe posted safety guidelines and building occupancy limits. Our Amarillo, Anthony, Laredo, Harlingen and Capitol centers remain closed at this time.
· HHSC continues to feature messages of hope and healing for Texas veterans with PTSD and mental health issues and shared a video on how veterans can connect to crisis services tailored to their unique needs.
· HHSC and the University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing are hosting the 2020 Quality in Long-Term Care Conference on Aug. 10. The free, two-day virtual conference provides professional training and knowledge regarding evidence-based best practices, current health care trends and advances in long-term care, aging and disabilities.
· ICYMI, from news headlines: Mission Produce will build a 262,000-square-foot distribution center in Laredo, filling a need for a major production hub for avocado imports from Mexico... Construction of the state-of-the-art, $48 million facility could be completed by mid-2021 and will initially create 75 jobs.